SHORT-AND LONG-TERM CARE AT A SKILLED NURSING FACILITY
Skilled Nursing that Really Cares
When a senior is recovering from illness or injury or living with a chronic health condition, they want three things: expert senior care, a compassionate team, and a nurturing setting. Skilled nursing at Sierra Winds combines all three.
To find out more about skilled nursing at Sierra Winds, fill out the contact form on this page.
“The friendly and respectful care team creates a positive environment that encourages peace and healing during both short-term and long-term care.”
The level of care seniors receive here is exemplary, whether you require short-term or long-term care. Our health center has earned high ratings from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, meaning the quality of the clinical services, staffing and the environment are top in the industry.
Residents have access to skilled nursing around-the-clock. A team of interdisciplinary professionals — nursing, therapy, restorative, dietetics and social services — collaborates with the resident to create and implement a personalized care plan. Targeted rehabilitation therapies take place on campus with senior rehab specialists in physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy.
While Sierra Winds residents receive priority access to community health care services, we also accept community seniors for direct admission to skilled nursing. Short-term respite care is also available. Hospice care can be arranged only for Life Care residents.
- Assistance with bathing, dressing and personal grooming
- Medication management and monitoring
- Three cooked-to-order meals per day in neighborhood cafe whenever residents choose to dine
- Laundry services
- Dietary counseling
- Ambulance transportation when necessary
- Speech-language pathology services
- Medical social services
- Family guidance, support and education
- Large semiprivate and private rooms with cable TV and phone
- 24-hour secured building
- Outdoor walking paths surrounded by beautifully maintained landscaping
- Innovative spa/meditation rooms with handicapped-accessible whirlpool tub
- Therapeutic activities, including social, educational and recreational programs
- Wide range of social and musical activities